Hello my little demons,
Last year (it feels weird saying that) I decided to interview a few fellow authors with the intention of helping them get their work the recognition they deserve. It’s been pretty successful too, I’ve had a few people approach me and I’ve had some nice comments. I’ve also made some good contacts, found some really interesting books and even learnt a few new things along the way.
Keeping up with my daily life as well as writing and blogging has been pretty difficult lately, and I’ve struggled to keep to a schedule – and let’s face it, book marketing isn’t the easiest either – I’ve decided to create this blog post so that I can reach more people easily and help their hard work get recognised.
So, if you are a writer/author, would like your short story/novel/true story/memoir featured on my website, please feel free to get in touch! I have listed a few questions below and a contact form. Feel free to email me between 5-15 questions and I will see if I can get your featured on my website!
- What got you into writing?
- Where do you get your ideas?
- What inspired you to start writing?
- Have you always wanted to be a writer?
- Do you have a schedule when writing? Or do you try to fit it in when you can?
- How long does it take you to write a book?
- Do you use a pseudonym? If not, have you considered it?
- How do you deal with criticism?
- Do you Google yourself?
- What was your hardest scene to write?
- Which one of your works is your favourite?
- Are you working on anything at the moment?
- Are there any themes in your work you are trying to portray?
- What’s your current book about?
- Is your book based on a real person?
- What is your most unusual writing quirk?
- Do you play music while you write – and if so, what’s your favourite?
- What’s your favourite under-appreciated novel?
- What, to you, are the most important elements of good writing?
- How many unpublished or half-finished books do you have?
- Do you prefer to read the book first, or watch the movie first?
- What is your favourite word, and why?
- Was writing your dream job as child, or was it something else?
- What do you like to do when you’re not writing?
- Can you tell me a little about your book?
- Can you tell me a little about the main character(s)?
- Do you think the LGBT+ community in literature is unrepresented?
- Do you have a LGBT+ book you’d recommend everyone read?
- What is your upcoming book about?
- Do you write every single day?
- What is the most difficult part of your writing process?
- How do you use social media as an author?
- What’s your favourite and least favourite part of publishing?
- How much research did you need to do for your books?
- What do you need in your writing space to keep you focused?
- Do you have any projects you’re working on at the moment?
- If a film were made of your book, who would you like to be cast in the leading roles?
- What advise would you give to someone thinking about writing?
- Do you have any good blogs you’d recommend for writing?
- Anything else you’d like to add?
Please submit your answers (between 5-15) via the contact form below.
Alternatively, you can contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any images of book covers, marketing images or even wish to have a photo of yourself, please feel free to email these over to the email above.
NB: Please note, if you submit more than 15 questions, I may not publish them all and will pick 15 at random.
Here are a few interviews I have done already:
Author Interview – A.C Thomas
Author Interview – Jethro Weyman
Author Interview – Noir Hayes
Author Interview – S.D. Reed
Author Interview – Havelah McLat
Don’t forget to like, reblog, share, comment and/or follow!